Since its inception, GFWC North Pinellas Woman’s Club continues to carry out GFWC’s mission. We are dedicated to identifying the needs of the local community and working to meet those needs through community service projects.
April 24, 1890
Jane Cunningham Croly formed the General Federation of Women’s Clubs to support clubs throughout the nation and further their efforts at providing education, improving working conditions, health care, scholarships and other reforms.
January 25, 1898
The Florida Federation of Women’s Clubs (FFWC) was admitted into membership in the GFWC. The FFWC broadened its scope to include activities and projects on a state and national level.
The 56th Congress of the US chartered GFWC and
designated that the Federation be headquartered in Washington, DC.
1905 – 1906
A new Federation constitution was adopted and a Florida Federation pin was designed and accepted.
GFWC established the Junior Department in response to an increasing number of younger women participating in volunteer community service.
GFWC celebrated its Golden Jubilee commemorating 50 years of Federation work.
GFWC was awarded a stamp by the US Post Office in honor of its 75th anniversary.
Sub-Junior groups of high school girls were formed and had their first state convention in Jacksonville, FL.
GFWC came to Florida for its convention for the first time in Hollywood, FL.
The Juniorette category was officially accepted into the FFWC structure.
GFWC’s founder, Jane Cunningham Croly, was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in Seneca Falls, NY.
The Centennial Celebration of GFWC Florida.
July 9, 2003
The first organizational GFWC North Pinellas Woman’s Club meeting was held at the home of Jane and John Hussar in Safety Harbor. The club was founded by current and past members of the GFWC Clearwater Junior Woman’s Club. Twenty seven women attended and the group voted to become an organization and join the federation.
August 13, 2003
Due to the large attendance at the first meeting, the second organizational GFWC North Pinellas Woman’s Club meeting was held at Countryside Public Library. Major highlights included approval of bylaws, dues, the official club name, establishment of officers and special chairs, as well as selection of the club symbol and the president’s theme.
April 24, 2015
its 125th Anniversary.
GFWC North Pinellas Woman's Club Past Presidents
- 2003-05 Jane Hussar (Founding President)
2006 Laurie Auth
- 2007 Sandy Incorvia
- 2008 Debbie Struk
- 2009 Fran Falkenhayn
- 2010 Alana MacBain
- 2011 Sandy Incorvia
- 2012 Randi Canfield
- 2013 Laura Bentz
- 2014 Virginia Papadopoulos
- 2015 Cassandra Blakley
- 2016 Ellen Hoffmann
- 2017-18 Rachelle Warmouth